THE ART OF MIGRATION CALL OUT to artists for proposals of new work
To be showcased at city-centre venues in Sheffield & Wakefield during Refugee Week 2016
Arts on the Run is delighted to be able to offer bursaries and individual career development support to 6 emerging artists who have a refugee or migration background, and who live in West or South Yorkshire.
Proposals are now invited from artists working in any artform, including poetry, performance art, fine art, digital art, film, video, photography, music & dance, or combinations of these.
A small panel of experienced arts professionals will select the best six proposals on the basis of:
- artistic quality
- diversity of artform
- potential to engage the public
The 6 selected artists will each receive the following:
- A bursary of £750 in order to plan, produce & present new work that is showcase-ready
- 2 x 3 hour individual professional development sessions from an experienced artist-mentor
- A practical funding advice workshop led by experienced arts fundraisers
- Participation in two widely publicised Art of Migration exhibitions/showcase events during
Refugee Week from June 18-26th
If you would like to propose new work for The Art of Migration, please send, in a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- your creative idea
- examples of some recent or current work, as attachments to your email or via an online link
- your full name & postal address, and a brief biography
- what help you need to develop your artistic career?
Please note that your proposal may involve other artistic collaborators, but each bursary is limited to £750 per proposal.
- Monday 18th April 5pm deadline for proposals of new work
- Monday 25th April notification by email to the six artists selected for the bursary, showcase & career development programme
- May 23rd to 6th June is the period in which the 1st career development mentoring sessions occur
- Friday 17thJune to Sunday 26th June deliver, set up & present new work for The Art of Migration in Wakefield & Sheffield during Refugee Week
- 27th June to 4th July is the period in which the 2nd career development mentoring sessions occur
- Friday 1st July (tbc) funding advice workshop
for more information contact email@example.com
or call 07753 129888 Mon-Friday 10am-3pm